Life on the St. Marys River

 Just wanted to give you a picture tour of our place on the St. Marys River.  The above shot was takenTuesday morning about 6:30 am.  I'm so glad I was awake and was able to see the beautiful sunrise.  Fifteen minutes later it was gone.


The rose trees are in full bloom.
This is our mock orange tree which is just coming into bloom.  It fills our whole yard with a wonderful scent.


 Each morning the Canada geese float by.  If our presence isn't made known, they will come up into the yard and eat.  Tom works hard at keeping them out.



This time every year, a school of fish come into the shallow water and churn it up.  I don't know anything about them-the species or what they are doing.  I think they may be spawning.  This has been happening as long as I can remember.  When I was young, I tried to catch one but was never successful.



The next three pictures are from my 45th Class reunion which was last weekend-a two day affair.

 
 The above shot is of two of my close friends.  I met them both in Camp Fire Girls in 7th grade.  Kathi in the middle has been a life-long very close friend.  She now lives in Grand Rapids so we are able to see each fairly often.  Carol, on the right, has lived in Salt Lake City most of the time since high school.  This is the first reunion she has attended.  We reconnected with Facebook in the past few years.  I love FB for that reason.  But it was great to see her in person.

The picture below is Georgia who now lives in LaPorte Indiana.  We have kept in touch.  Georgia has been a friend since 8th grade.


Randy (on left) and Joe (on right) are still lots of fun as you can see from this picture.  Both had amazing careers-Randy as a college professor and Joe as a Coast Guard pilot.  
Tomorrow I'll post more about life on the river-but it happens quite slowly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emma C. Nason Children's Home

Living on the Ridge

New Home But An Old Table