Hello There

I know it has been months since I posted on this site.  Once we return to Alto and I go back to work, I haven't got much time to post.  Also, there's the issue with social media vs. blog.  Which is the best way to keep my friends and family up-to-date on what we are doing?

What do you think?  Do you like to read about us in this blog or is blogging not the best way to keep up with us in this technology-rich world?

I'd like to hear from you.  For right now, I'll post a few times and see how it goes.

Here's a few pictures from the past months.

This is Tom cleaning the snow off the roof of our cabin.    There has been lots of snow up there this winter.  I had shoveled out the door so we could get in and check the cabin.  Every thing was fine.

Tom and I try to volunteer every year at the Grand Rapids Auto Show in February.  We host vintage cars.  We have fun finding outfits to fit the time period of the old cars.  This year we tried to look like the 1950's.
 Thursday night is the Gala.  There are always many local celebrities in attendance.  This is Kyle Underwood, WOODTV weather man.  One of my heroes.
 One of our hobbies this winter has been bird watching.  We have 10 bird feeders that attract so many varieties.  I love to watch them although it keeps Tom busy filling them every other day.

 Our youngest granddaughter, Anna, is very good at gymnastics.  She is also good at getting her grandpa to do whatever she wants.  She asked for a balance beam this winter and the two of them built it in the barn.  A successful project!


Jennifer finished her master's classes last summer, but the diploma didn't arrive until recently.  We are proud of her hard work and this great accomplishment.


We have one of Jen's cats living with us.  Graham seems to prefer being an only pet so she has come to live with us.  Here she is on my lap modeling proper napping technique for me.  She is very good at that.  She is also very bossy and expects me to stop all movement as long as she wishes to remain on me.


That's a synopsis of my life.  Enjoying kids, grandkids, Graham, birdwatching and looking forward to getting back to our cabin in the summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emma C. Nason Children's Home

Living on the Ridge

New Home But An Old Table