New Camera

After years of taking pictures with a small point and shoot camera, Tom and I bit the bullet and invested in a better camera to record our life. Now I just need to learn to take great pictures with it. It is a Nikon D5100 and I'm learning lots but have a long way to go.


This is one of my first attempts at being artistic with the shot of our barn.



We celebrated Jen & Tommy's birthdays last weekend. Madelynn made and dec
orated the cake. We had a fun family time.

We returned to the cabin on Sunday after a week in Alto that was packed with fun times. We were able to help Jennifer move into her house and she is starting to get settled. She seems as happy as can be to be back in her own space. We loved having her live with us the past year, but she is only a 1/4 mile away from us now.

My parents came out to visit us at the cabin when we returned. We have lots of fun with them and I'm so thankful to spend so much time with them during the summer.


Of course, I'm trying my new camera at taking pictures of the boats. I can do a better job with my zoom lens.

My pride and joy tree is the hydrangea that my grandmother planted over 50 years and still is doing well. It is in bloom now which about a month early than usual. I'm happy because I can enjoy it more. We are usually getting ready to move home when it comes into bloom.



This last shot was taken by Jen in Alto. We really enjoy the hummingbirds outside our family room.
I just took this last picture trying to get the moon and its reflection in the river along with my hydrangea bush.

Comments

  1. Congrats on the new camera!!! It looks like you are getting the hang of it quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cathy. There is so much to learn but it's fun. I was up and outside at 6 this morning trying to get the sunrise over Sugar Island. I guess the new camera is a motivator!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Emma C. Nason Children's Home

Living on the Ridge

New Home But An Old Table