Sunday in North Carolina

I love traveling and having all kinds of new experiences. Sunday was one of those days. We are on our way to Florida. Luckily, we have two daughters who live convenient distances and stopping points for travels to Florida. We stopped at Jen's in North Carolina on Saturday which allowed us to recharge our personal batteries before setting out on the road again. We're planning to see Kristen on our return trip.

We attended church with Jen at High Rock Church. The worship service was high energy and we loved the music and the friendly people. Tom talked for a while to the small-group pastor who is also a high school football coach. His son is also a football and baseball player who is starting college this fall. They had lots in common.

Jen has several friends at the church including a teaching colleague. I met her son who is one of Jen's students and got the real scoop on Miss Benedict. It was all good!



Sunday afternoon we visited the NASCAR Hall of Fame. It is a wonderful place for race fans. The exhibits are very interactive. We got to try our hands at a pit stop using actual equipment. Jen and I did a pit stop for Jimmie Johnson in 23 seconds so I don't think he will be hiring us. A good stop is around 12 - 13 seconds.


We also got to 'drive' in a simulation. Jen drove Tony Stewart's car and I drove the #5 of Mark Martin. You actually got in the car and drove with video. Although I had a great start and led most of the race, Jen passed me on the last lap after she wrecked me. But I must say, I cut in front of her and didn't leave her any other option.


Tom got to see tributes to his favorite driver, Jimmie Johnson, who is the current NASCAR champion. We really can recommend the Hall of Fame for a fun afternoon even if you're not a big NASCAR fan.
Monday we were on to Sebring, Florida. We arrived later Monday night due to closing of the interstate because of smoke from a wildfire. We were exhausted when we arrived. We're using today to learn our way around and get some supplies for our house. We're renting half a duplex for March.


Comments

  1. Looks like someone is having a blast!!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all had a blast at the Hall of Fame. I think I should have been a race car driver-in another lifetime!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Emma C. Nason Children's Home

Living on the Ridge

New Home But An Old Table