Our New Home

Here are some pictures of our new condo. You can see that we aren't completely unpacked and there aren't pictures on the wall but we are getting there.

Moving was very stressful but actually everything went smoothly. I learned a valuable lesson during the entire process of selling the house and moving. Don't focus on how much work you have in front of you. Focus on what you have already accomplished. I found that once I started thinking about how much I had to do, it slowed me down, made me nervous and kept me from doing all that I could do.

We are living in a complex called Jasonville Farms which is near Caledonia, Michigan. We only moved 2 miles but went from a 5 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom condo.

Our balcony is enclosed and gives us extra living space. We put an air mattress in there last weekend when Jen visited and it worked well. We call this space our Arizona room because it reminds us of the time we spend at Kristen's in Arizona last winter. Every day we sat on her balcony eating our lunch and playing cribbage. Our Arizona room won't have the warm temps or the blue sky every day but we can hope for that.


We have one large bedroom and one small one, two full bathrooms and a laundry room.
Our living room, dining room and kitchen are an open area and we fit our recliners, my Clavinova (piano) and the TV all into the space.



So far we are loving it here. The first time I vacuumed, I was amazed that I plugged in the vacuum in the hallway and didn't have to stop and move the cord. It reached the entire condo. Cleaning isn't a day long project.

Another perk is that our Grand Rapids Press is delivered to our doorstep. I don't have to go outside to get it. I especially like that on Saturday morning. I get my coffee and open the door and pick up the paper and sit down and enjoy. That's what I'm doing right now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emma C. Nason Children's Home

Living on the Ridge

New Home But An Old Table