Our Move is Complete

Back in March when we decided to put our house on the market, I never thought we'd be to this point. However, yesterday was our closing and the new owner is moving in today. It was a group effort to get to us moved.

We worked hard to get the house ready for showing. Over the summer, we made many trips home from the Soo to keep the house ready for showing and open houses.

The timing on all the events since the first of September certainly show the Lord's leading. September and October have been so full that I know I'll forget much in the retelling.

When the offer came in on the house, we had no idea where we would be moving. But the Lord lead us each step of the way. We found a condo in Jasonville Farms in Caledonia to rent. The two bedroom condo keeps us near our friends and family here but the condo lifestyle allows us to travel and spend our summers away without worrying about the house.


Many people helped us the task of downsizing from a 5 bedroom house to a much smaller place. We had a huge garage sale to help in downsizing. Many thanks to Tom & Sherry for helping us get ready for the sale and then helping during the sale.

Tommy, Sherry, Eric, and Jack helped out with the move. Jack recruited his other grandfather, Al Hackney, to come an help on move day. Tommy's brothers-in-law also helped out as did Kirk and Sherri Mulder who are now our neighbors. Sherri packed up my entire kitchen and unpacked it at the condo. My kitchen has never been so organized. I promise to keep it that way!

During September I finished my contract with Grand Rapids Public Schools and started working with the Michigan Department of Education and the Michigan Association of Intermediate School Administrators in training for an instructional coach position. But in early October, I was offered a half-time position at Hopkins Middle School as a literacy coach to lead a project to impact student achievement there. I'm loving my work there plus I'm still in training for the State position and may pick up some work later in the year.

We're slowing getting settled in our new home. Our phone is now hooked up and we have the same number. Here's our new address and we'd love to show off the new place so stop by soon.

8634 S. Jasonville Ct. SE
Caledonia, MI 49316

Comments

  1. I am so glad you found the condo at Jasonville. I have to admit I was worried that you would move to the Soo or closer by, but still too far away in Alto. I'm happy for all of us - you too! I guess I should throw that in there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Emma C. Nason Children's Home

Living on the Ridge

New Home But An Old Table