Home At Last

8400 miles and 22 states 

 In slightly over seven weeks we traveled across the US and back to Michigan.  We saw Jen in North Carolina, Kristen in Phoenix and Eric and Jess in Minneapolis.  We visited friends in Temecula and Shafter, California and Tom's cousins near Santa Cruz California.  We crossed many mighty rivers-Ohio, Mississippi, Red, Colorado, Missouri, Kansas and the Wisconsin.  We saw Hoover Dam, Hearst Castle, Midway aircraft carrier and many more wonders.  I think my favorite spot was San Juan Capistrano but everywhere we went we saw beauty and majesty.   It will take me a long time to process it all.  (and organize my pictures).

We saw Mom Benedict this afternoon and she is doing very well.  Tommy, Sherry and the grand kids came over tonight for dinner.  It was so good to see them.  We missed them so much.  

I'm back to work at Grand Rapids Public Schools on Friday.  It seems like a lifetime ago that I was there last but it was the day before we left on our adventure.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emma C. Nason Children's Home

Living on the Ridge

New Home But An Old Table